The Dance/USA Presenters membership category is open to presenters of all dance forms, organizational size, and structure that meet the following criteria:
- Have not-for-profit, tax-exempt status and are able to show evidence of professional status orientation
- Maintain a paid administrative staff of at least one
- Have been in continuous operation for at least two years
- Maintain an on-going performance activity
*If you do not meet any of the above criteria, you may still be eligible for membership. Please contact the Director of Member Services via email or at 202.833.1717 for more information.
Members in this category are invited to actively participate in the Presenters Council, a Standing Council with representation and voting rights on the Dance/USA Board of Trustees. The Council exists to provide a forum for peer-to-peer exchanges in issues affecting the touring and presenting of dance, as well as dialogue about issues affecting the broader dance community.
Presenter Membership Dues
Benefits marked with an * are extended to all permanent employees of the organization. Employees should contact the Director of Member Services to inquire about any of these benefits.
The Dance/USA Choreographic Repository is a platform exclusive to Dance/USA Members to facilitate connections between choreographers and dance managers, agents, presenters, and artistic directors. This platform aims to build collaborative pathways across the field through a database of choreographic works housed in Vimeo.
Leadership & learning
- Join quarterly Council Calls and in-person Meetings to connect with your colleagues and discuss current trends in the field.*
- Register for Dance/USA’s Conference at the discounted member rate.*
- Access the member exclusive Presenters’ Google Group. *
- Participate in Dance/USA webinars and expand your learning on a specialize topic.*
- Attend the Dance Forum, held in New York City, just prior to the Association of Performing Arts Professionals Conference.*
- Receive discounted registration rates to attend other national conferences.*
Research & Information
- Be counted in national research by completing national surveys which will help you and your organization set benchmarks.
- Access data and statistical information.*
- Annually review our Snapshot of the Field.*
- Keep up-to-date on news from the field by reading The SPIN and Dance/USA Bulletin; organizational members are invited to submit news items to be included in The SPIN as well as job and audition announcements to be included in the Dance/USA Bulletin free of charge.*
- Get in-depth review of key topics in the field – and add your voice – with our online e-journal From the Green Room.*
- Request one (1) non-customized complimentary copy of Dance/USA’s mailing list per member year.
- Subscribe to GrantStation and receive weekly emails detailing grant opportunities from around the country.*
Advocacy & Visibility
- Be visible on Dance/USA’s website with a link to your organization’s website.
- Be represented in front of Congress, the White House, and other federal agencies.
- As a member of Dance/USA, you are also a member of the Performing Arts Alliance; respond to timely action alerts when an important issue needs your attention.*
- Receive monthly updates on arts funding and policy issues.*
- Advocate for dance by joining our Dance Advocacy Network. Contact Dance/USA’s Government Affairs Director to join.*
- Arm yourself with various tools to advocate for dance.
- Receive talking points and assistance with scheduling visits to speak with federally elected officials.*
- Request complimentary peer consultation letters to obtain visas from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service.
- Stay informed about federal legislation that directly affects you and your work (i.e., federal funding, tax resolutions, visa policies, etc).*
Archiving and Preservation
- Discounts on Archiving Services
Benefits marked with an * are extended to all permanent employees and dancers (when applicable) of the organization. Employees should contact Director of Member Services to inquire about any of these benefits.