The International Affiliate membership category is open to dance related institutions outside of the U.S. Members in this category are invited to actively participate in one of several Dance/USA Standing Councils depending on their organization’s focus.
Benefits marked with an * are extended to all permanent employees of the organization. Employees should contact the Director of Member Services to inquire about any of these benefits.
Leadership & Learning
- Join quarterly Council and Affinity Group Calls to connect with your colleagues to discuss current trends in the field.*
- Participate in in-person Council and Affinity Group Meetings.*
- Register for Dance/USA’s Annual Conference at the discounted member rate.*
- Participate in Dance/USA webinars and expand your learning on a specialize topic.*
- Attend the Dance Forum, annually held in New York City, just prior to the Association of Performing Arts Professionals Conference.*
- Receive discounted registration rates to attend other national conferences.*
Research & Information
- Access data and statistical information.*
- Annually review our Snapshot of the Field and add your costumes and sets to our online Repository.*
- Keep up-to-date on news from the field by reading The SPIN and Dance/USA Bulletin; organizational members are invited to submit news items to be included in The SPIN as well as job and audition announcements to be included in the Dance/USA Bulletin free of charge.*
- Get in-depth review of key topics in the field - and add your voice – with our online e-journal From the Green Room.*
- Request one (1) non-customized complimentary copy of Dance/USA’s mailing list per member year.
Advocacy & Visibility
- Be visible on Dance/USA’s website with a link to your organization’s website.
- As a member of Dance/USA, you are also a member of the Performing Arts Alliance; respond to timely action alerts when an important issue needs your attention.*
- Receive monthly updates on arts funding and policy issues.*
- Advocate for dance by joining our Dance Advocacy Network. Contact Dance/USA’s Government Affairs Director to join.*
- Arm yourself with various tools to advocate for dance.
- Request complimentary peer consultation letters to obtain visas from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service.
- Stay informed about federal legislation that directly affects you and your work (i.e., federal funding, tax resolutions, visa policies, etc).*
Archiving and Preservation
Discounts on Archiving ServicesBenefits marked with an * are extended to all permanent employees and dancers (when applicable) of the organization. Employees should contact Director of Member Services to inquire about any of these benefits.