The International Affiliate membership category is open to dance related institutions outside of the U.S. Members in this category are invited to actively participate in one of several Dance/USA Standing Councils depending on their organization’s focus.
To become a member of Dance/USA, simply complete our online form. You will be added to our database, and upon completion of payment, begin receiving member benefits immediately. The Dance/USA membership year runs from July 1 to June 30 (of any given year). Dues for new members joining in the middle of the member year will be pro-rated on a quarterly basis*. International Affiliate members may choose to establish a payment plan for their membership dues. All memberships are renewable annually on July 1 and dues are invoiced during the month of May. Please contact the Director of Member Services with any questions regarding membership, Dance/USA's core services, benefits, the application process, or dues payments.
Dues are calculated based on the operating revenue from an organization’s most recently completed fiscal year and are as follows:
- Up to $100,000: $150 / year
- $100,001 – $200,000: $225 / year
- $200,001 – $500,000: $350 / year
- $500,001 – $1,000,000: $600 / year
- $1,000,001 or more: $1,000 / year
*For new members joining in the middle of the member year, dues are prorated on a quarterly basis. Any payment(s) made on membership dues are non-refundable.
Benefits marked with an * are extended to all permanent employees of the organization. Employees should contact the Director of Member Services to inquire about any of these benefits.
Leadership & Learning
- Join quarterly Council and Affinity Group Calls to connect with your colleagues to discuss current trends in the field.*
- Participate in in-person Council and Affinity Group Meetings at our annual conference.*
- Register for Dance/USA’s Annual Conference at the discounted member rate.*
- Participate in free distance learning opportunities hosted by organizations like NFF and NTEN.*
- Attend the Dance Forum, annually held in New York City, just prior to the APAP Conference.*
- Receive discounted registration rates to attend other national conferences.*
Research & Information
- Access data and statistical information.*
- Annually review our Snapshot of the Field and add your costumes and sets to our online Repository.*
- Keep up-to-date on news from the field by reading The SPIN and Dance/USA Bulletin; organizational members are invited to submit news items to be included in The SPIN as well as job and audition announcements to be included in the Dance/USA Bulletin free of charge.*
- Get in-depth review of key topics in the field - and add your voice – with our online e-journal From the Green Room.*
- Sign-up for health insurance from Fracture Atlas through Dance/USA’s Open Arts Network partnership.*
- Request one (1) non-customized complimentary copy of Dance/USA’s mailing list per member year.
- Subscribe to GrantStation and receive weekly emails detailing grant opportunities from around the country.*
Advocacy & Visibility
- Be visible on Dance/USA’s website with a link to your organization’s website.
- As a member of Dance/USA, you are also a member of the Performing Arts Alliance; respond to timely action alerts when an important issue needs your attention.*
- Receive monthly updates on arts funding and policy issues.*
- Advocate for dance by joining our Dance Advocacy Network. Contact Dance/USA’s Government Affairs Director to join.*
- Arm yourself with various tools to advocate for dance.
- Request complimentary peer consultation letters to obtain visas from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service.
- Stay informed about federal legislation that directly affects you and your work (i.e., federal funding, tax resolutions, visa policies, etc).*
Benefits marked with an * are extended to all permanent employees and dancers (when applicable) of the organization. Employees should contact Director of Member Services to inquire about any of these benefits.