The Dance/USA Service Organization membership category is open to organizations whose primary focus is providing service to the field and that meet the following criteria:
- Have not-for-profit, tax-exempt status and are able to show evidence of professional status orientation
- Maintain a paid administrative staff of at least one
- Have been in continuous operation for at least two years
- Maintain an on-going service activity
*If you do not meet any of the above criteria, you may still be eligible for membership. Please contact the Director of Member Services via email or at 202.833.1717 for more information.
Members in this category are invited to actively participate in the Service Organizations Council, a Standing Council with representation and voting rights on the Dance/USA Board of Trustees. The Council offers opportunities to share best practices and programs, address challenges, create joint programming, garner vital information from specially invited experts, and to network with colleagues from across the country.
Service Organizations Membership Dues
- Service Organization: $315 or $275
Benefits marked with an * are extended to all permanent employees of the organization. Employees should contact the Director of Member Services to inquire about any of these benefits.
Leadership & Learning
- Join quarterly Council Calls and in-person Meetings to connect with your colleagues and discuss current trends in the field.*
- Register for Dance/USA’s Annual Conference at the discounted member rate.*
- Access the member exclusive Service Organizations’ Google Group. *
- Participate in Dance/USA webinars and expand your learning on a specialize topic.*
- Attend the Dance Forum, annually held in New York City, just prior to the Association of Performing Arts Professionals Conference.*
- Receive discounted registration rates to attend other national conferences.*
Research & Information
- Be counted in national research by completing national surveys which will help you and your organization set benchmarks.
- Access data and statistical information.*
- Annually review our Snapshot of the Field.*
- Keep up-to-date on news from the field by reading The SPIN and Dance/USA Bulletin; organizational members are invited to submit news items to be included in The SPIN as well as job and audition announcements to be included in the Dance/USA Bulletin free of charge.*
- Get in-depth review of key topics in the field – and add your voice – with our online e-journal From the Green Room.*
- Request one (1) non-customized complimentary copy of Dance/USA’s mailing list per member year.
- Subscribe to GrantStation and receive weekly emails detailing grant opportunities from around the country.*
Advocacy & Visibility
- Be visible on Dance/USA’s website with a link to your organization’s website.
- Be represented in front of Congress, the White House, and other federal agencies.
- As a member of Dance/USA, you are also a member of the Performing Arts Alliance; respond to timely action alerts when an important issue needs your attention.*
- Receive monthly updates on arts funding and policy issues.*
- Advocate for dance by joining our Dance Advocacy Network. Contact Dance/USA’s Government Affairs Director to join.*
- Arm yourself with various tools to advocate for dance.
- Receive talking points and assistance with scheduling visits to speak with federally elected officials.*
- Stay informed about federal legislation that directly affects you and your work (i.e., federal funding, tax resolutions, visa policies, etc).*
Archiving and Preservation
- Discounts on Archiving Services
Benefits marked with an * are extended to all permanent employees and dancers (when applicable) of the organization. Employees should contact Director of Member Services to inquire about any of these benefits.