Independent Artists and Choreographers
The Independent Artist/Choreographer membership category is open to professional dance artists not affiliated with an incorporated organization or creating work in a structure other than the traditional 501(c)3 “company” structure. Artists who are affiliated with an incorporated dance company are encouraged to join as a Dance Company member.
Individual Membership Dues
Leadership & Learning
- Register for Dance/USA’s Annual Conference at the discounted member rate.
- Participate in Dance/USA webinars and expand your learning on a specialize topic.*
- Attend the Dance Forum, annually held in New York City, just prior to the Association of Performing Arts Professionals Conference.
Research & Information
- Annually review our Snapshot of the Field and Directory of Not-for-Profit Dance Ensembles.
- Access data and statistical information.
- Receive Dance/USA's THE Spin and Dance/USA Bulletin.
- Get an in-depth review of key topics in the field-and add your voice-with our online e-journal From the Green Room.
- Be represented in front of Congress, the White House, and other federal agencies.
- As a member of Dance/USA, you are also a member of the Performing Arts Alliance; respond to timely action alerts when an important issue needs your attention.
- Receive monthly updates on arts funding and policy issues.
- Advocate for dance by joining our Dance Advocacy Network. Contact Dance/USA’s Government Affairs Director to join.
- Arm yourself with various tools to advocate for dance.
- Request complimentary peer consultation letters to obtain visas from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service.
- Receive talking points and assistance with scheduling visits to speak with federally elected officials.
- Stay informed about federal legislation that directly affects you and your work (i.e., federal funding, tax resolutions, visa policies, etc).
Archiving and Preservation
- Discounts on Archiving Services