Mission Statement & Vision
Propelled by our belief that dance can inspire a more just and humane world, Dance/USA will amplify the power of dance to inform and inspire a nation where creativity and the field thrive.
Dance/USA champions an inclusive and equitable dance field by leading, convening, advocating, and supporting individuals and organizations. Dance/USA’s core programs are focused in the areas of engagement, advocacy, research, and preservation.
- Engagement. Dance/USA engages and activates its network through meaningful programs, convenings, and educational opportunities.
- Advocacy. Dance/USA advocates for the increased visibility of, and engagement in, dance and for government policies that positively impact the dance field on a national, regional, and local level.
- Research. Dance/USA provides rigorous, relevant, and accessible research on the dance field.
- Preservation. Dance/USA provides resources and programs to advance the archiving and preservation of America’s dance legacy.
- Equity and Justice: Dance/USA cultivates and advances systems and practices of equity and justice at all levels of the organization.
- Partnerships: Dance/USA builds and sustains partnerships that align with our core values, advance equity goals, and elevate the work of the dance field.
- Technology: Dance/USA conducts its programs, services, and operations through technology, increasing efficiency, impact, and visibility.
- Financial Sustainability: Dance/USA optimizes its impact with a financially sustainable business model.
Dance/USA looks forward to sharing details about this new Strategic Plan in the coming months.
- Creativity: Creativity inspires change. Dance/USA values our nation’s creative capacity and artistry to imagine and build a world we have never encountered and deeply desire.
- Connectivity: Dance/USA strives to be a catalytic network enlivened by connection, community, and collaboration. We value calling people in as a practice of leading, listening, learning, and deepening our impact.
- Equity: Through the lens of equity, Dance/USA strives to remove the boundaries erected by a legacy of racism, classism, ableism, ageism, homophobia, transphobia, sexism, gender bias, and xenophobia and we work to dismantle institutional and systemic oppression that attack the dance field’s progress, impede the creation of work, and negatively impact dance audiences and communities.
- Integrity: Integrity is critical to our organizational culture and the way we lead, serve, and collaborate with the dance field. We seek to provide transparency about our internal processes, professional resources, and information about the field.