FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 6, 2020
CONTACT: Johanna Tschebull
Washington, DC – Dance/USA, the national service organization for professional dance, is pleased to present a November 2020 Election Analysis, an overview of key results on the national and local level and the impact of the elections on the dance community.
Highlights of Dance/USA’s analysis include the following:
- Projected outcomes of the Presidential, U.S. Senate, and U.S. House races.
- Impact of the elections on state legislatures and governorships.
- Impact of the elections on the dance community.
- Key issues Dance/USA will focus on now through the end of 2020 and in the 117th Congress.
- The importance of advocacy and practical strategies you can employ to engage with your re-elected and newly-elected officials.
Dance/USA’s continued message to the U.S. Congress and the White House is that investing in the creative economy and in creative workers will be important to help our nation recover economically from the current pandemic. It is crucial for dance artists, dance professionals, creative workers, and supporters of the arts to engage their elected officials at all levels of government to emphasize those economic and creative contributions.
Find the November 2020 Election Analysis Here
Propelled by our belief that dance can inspire a more just and humane world, Dance/USA will amplify the power of dance to inform and inspire a nation where creativity and the field thrive.
Established in 1982, Dance/USA champions an inclusive and equitable dance field by leading, convening, advocating, and supporting individuals and organizations. Dance/USA’s core programs are focused in the areas of engagement, advocacy, research, and preservation. Learn more about Dance/USA at danceusa.org.