Dance/USA's Communications Intern works closely with the communications specialist to assist Dance/USA, its programs, initiatives, and more, via social media and digital communications.
- Maintaining Dance/USA’s presence on social networking sites, including Facebook and Instagram
- Assisting with the compilation and analysis of social media data
- Assisting with annual conference promotion and marketing
- Researching and reviewing social media sites, social media trends, press outlets, blogs, and listservs to promote relevant and timely news to the dance community
- Creating graphics for use in social media campaigns
- Staying current on Dance/USA programs and publications
- Assisting with the writing and distribution of press releases, news releases, and newsletters
- Helping maintain a national press/dance-press list
- Conducting online research, proofreading, editing, and general administrative tasks as required
Applicants must be organized, detail-oriented, and interested in gaining experience in communications and public relations. Knowledge and/or interest in social media practices in the non-profit and arts world and familiarity with the available tools and platforms in the social media space are required. Good verbal and written communications skills, resourcefulness, ability to take initiative and to work both independently and as a team are vital. Must be computer literate. Apply Now
With questions, email Ashon Mask here or call the Dance/USA national office at 202.833.1717.
Stipends and university credit are also available.