Government Affairs Internship
Dance/USA's Government Affairs intern will learn the tools and techniques of advocacy while becoming familiar with federal policy and legislative issues of concern to the performing arts community.
- Tracking legislation, conducting phone calls to congressional offices, drafting correspondence for members, and updating government affairs content on website
- Learning about and assisting with the visa process for foreign guest artists
- Accompanying the Director of Government Affairs on visits with Capitol Hill staffers
- Attending government affairs planning meetings with coalition partners in the Performing Arts Alliance, Issue Working Groups, Cultural Advocacy Group
- Working on specific projects to increase Dance/USA's advocacy tools and resources
Applicants must express a strong interest in public policy and arts advocacy. Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must.
With questions, call the Dance/USA national office at 202.833.1717.
Stipends and university credit are also available.